Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Liller, Sabrina L. CIV Sys Eng Branch 1B 9512" <sa...@navy.mil> on 2004/06/14 18:44:06 UTC

Problems returning void in document-literal operation

I have seen a few postings about this problem, but no resolution.  I am working on a document-literal service and several of the operations should have a "void" return type.  We are following the top-down model, writing the WSDL first and then using WSDL2Java to generate the Java classes.  For the operations that should return "void", I have defined the following message in the WSDL (no parts):

<wsdl:message name="EmptyMessageResponse" />

Axis has no problem generating the Java code - The methods using this response message are correctly generated as returning "void".  But when I try to call the service, I get the following error:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'ModifyUnofficialRecordRequestResponse':  could not find deserializer for type {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Void

All of my operations that do not return void seem to be working just fine.  Is this an Axis bug, or do I need to do something special to "massage" the WSDL or WSDD to get this to work?  I am using Axis 1.1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Sabrina