Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Thallapragada, Sowmi" <So...@telenav.com> on 2009/01/29 19:42:50 UTC

[Axis2 1.4.1] WSDL2Java difference Vs. Axis2 1.3

I notice that in Axis2 1.3 the WSDL2Java allowed duplicate element
definitions by renaming (by appending a number at the end), but 1.4.1
just generates methods with the same name. This is causing compilation
errors & causing backward compatibility issues.

Eg.

<xsd:element name="averageSpeed" type="xsd:int" />

<xsd:element name="postedSpeed" type="xsd:int" />

<xsd:element name="slowestSpeed" type="xsd:int" />

<xsd:element name="averageSpeed" type="xsd:int" />

In 1.3 this generated 2 methods called "getAverageSpeed()" &
"getAverageSpeed0()", but in 1.4.1 it generates two methods called
"getAverageSpeed()" and so the compilation fails.

Can you confirm this? Is there an option I can pass to 1.4.1 WSDL2Java
to allow the duplicate element definition?

At this point, changing the schema to eliminate the duplicate element is
not an option, so I am looking forward to your help.

Regards,

Sowmi