Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2012/10/02 23:05:03 UTC

Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Draft of board report - suggestions, corrections, and additions are
welcome.

If possible, please give feedback no later than tomorrow morning
(October 3).

CloudStack

A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation

	1. Resolve last known possible legal blocker (export filing)
	2. Shipping a release
	3. Transfer trademark, etc. to Apache

aware of?

	No issues at this time

	The project has continued to improve its diversity, adding Chip
	Childers and Wido
	den Hollander to the PPMC and 3 new committers since the month
	of August. We have also
	taken on a new mentor.

	Contributors and committers have been active in promoting
	CloudStack at events, such as
	LinuxCon, Ohio LinuxFest, PuppetConf, a get-together at Schuberg
	Philis, and a number of
	other events.

	The community is currently planning a Collaboration Conference
	for November 30 through
	December 2 in Las Vegas, participation at LinuxCon EU and
	ApacheCon EU and a number of
	other events.

	The pending 4.0 release has been branched. The project has made
	a great deal of progress
	towards the 4.0 release, handling a number of technical issues
	(such as a move to Maven)
	and     resolving almost all known legal issues that would pose
	an obstacle to a release. The
	sole remaining blocker is under discussion and should be
	resolved shortly.

 	The Jira instance for CloudStack was stood up in early
 	September. License checks have been
	automated to ensure that we remain compliant with Apache
	guidelines going forward.

--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Cool, thanks. That all looks good. I've signed off on it on the wiki before
reading this mail, but I'm happy with those changes being made.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Perhaps add:

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:

> A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
> graduation
>
>         1. Resolve last known possible legal blocker (export filing)
>         2. Shipping a release
>         3. Transfer trademark, etc. to Apache

I wouldn't say these are the most important issues to address as we move
towards graduation.

Graduation from the incubator is concerned with whether we have built a
healthy community around the software that understand what it means to be
an Apache project. I think we're making great progress with that.

>         The project has continued to improve its diversity, adding Chip
>         Childers and Wido
>         den Hollander to the PPMC and 3 new committers since the month
>         of August. We have also
>         taken on a new mentor.

Name the committers, and the mentor. ;)

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
> Draft of board report - suggestions, corrections, and additions are
> welcome.
>
> If possible, please give feedback no later than tomorrow morning
> (October 3).
>
> CloudStack
>
> A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
> graduation
>
>         1. Resolve last known possible legal blocker (export filing)
>         2. Shipping a release
>         3. Transfer trademark, etc. to Apache
>
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
> aware of?
>
>         No issues at this time

>         The project has continued to improve its diversity, adding Chip
>         Childers and Wido
>         den Hollander to the PPMC and 3 new committers since the month
>         of August. We have also
>         taken on a new mentor.
>
>         Contributors and committers have been active in promoting
>         CloudStack at events, such as
>         LinuxCon, Ohio LinuxFest, PuppetConf, a get-together at Schuberg
>         Philis, and a number of
>         other events.
>
>         The community is currently planning a Collaboration Conference
>         for November 30 through
>         December 2 in Las Vegas, participation at LinuxCon EU and
>         ApacheCon EU and a number of
>         other events.

>         The pending 4.0 release has been branched. The project has made
>         a great deal of progress
>         towards the 4.0 release, handling a number of technical issues
>         (such as a move to Maven)
>         and     resolving almost all known legal issues that would pose
>         an obstacle to a release. The
>         sole remaining blocker is under discussion and should be
>         resolved shortly.
>
>         The Jira instance for CloudStack was stood up in early
>         September. License checks have been
>         automated to ensure that we remain compliant with Apache
>         guidelines going forward.
>
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

Thanks for picking this up Joe.

Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 04:17 PM, John Kinsella wrote:
> I'm on the PPMC as well now. :)  Otherwise looks good - thanks for
> putting it together!

Noted! Thanks, I will add that. (And congrats, if I haven't said so
already...)

Best,

Joe

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
I'm on the PPMC as well now. :)  Otherwise looks good - thanks for putting it together!

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella

Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Damn. Too late. Oh well. :)

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Hi all,

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
It's cutting it close at this hour! ;) And 24 hours is appalling. I hope I
can get that changed.

--
NS

Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
It's a wiki - anyone can edit.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Oh, Hmm. We weren't given any longer. This is stupid. I'm gonna take my
complaint to the Incubator. Thanks!

--
NS

Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.