Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2018/03/30 06:29:47 UTC

How do we judge whether SGA is need for a contribution?

Hi mentors,

Actually I am curious about how to judge whether a SGA is needed for a
contribution.
How do we define the amount of code that will meet the criteria?

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: How do we judge whether SGA is need for a contribution?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Actually I am curious about how to judge whether a SGA is needed for a
> contribution.
> How do we define the amount of code that will meet the criteria?

There’s no exact limit  IMO if it just changes a few lines then no SGA is needed and an ICLA may not be needed, if it change dozens of files then it’s best to have an ICLA from the person, if it adds new functionality and is mostly new code rather than modifies existing code and is many files or a lot of code then a SGA is needed. It may also depend on who is submitting it, how they are employed and what their employment contact states re ownership of the code they wrote as well.

Thanks,
Justin