Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Srinivas_MV <Sr...@SATYAM.com> on 2005/01/04 07:02:43 UTC

about Beehive Framework

I am new to Beehive Framework and I have a question.

Is Beehive framework is a presentation tier, Business tier or Data tier
framework or it address all the 3 tiers.

-Srinivas

Posted by Bryan Che <bc...@redhat.com>.
Hi Srinivas, Beehive consists of three main technology areas that
primarily span presentation and business tiers.  The netui/pageflow
component is an extension of Struts and covers presentation and also
some business logic  (following an mvc model).  Controls is a framework
that lets you build components with meta-data.  You can write controls
for abstracting operations in any tier.  For example, there is a sample
database control
(http://incubator.apache.org/beehive/controls/sample_controls-db.html)
that simplifies working with databases.  Finally, there is a Web
Services component which helps you write annotation-based Web Services
and is an implementation of JSR-181.

You can take a look at the documentation for Beehive at
http://incubator.apache.org/beehive/ for more details.

Bryan