Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Schalk <sc...@volume4.com> on 2006/04/11 21:56:07 UTC

[Maven 2] Newbie question

Greetings All,

When I run the following command on Windows XP:

maven plugin:download
            -DgroupId=emma
            -DartifactId=maven-emma-plugin
            -Dversion=0.5

I get a error message that the command maven was not found. When I then change it to:

mvn plugin:download
            -DgroupId=emma
            -DartifactId=maven-emma-plugin
            -Dversion=0.5

It start but then stops with a build error: Required goal not found: plugin:download

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling

Re: [Maven 2] Newbie question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is exactly correct. There's no need to use a download plugin
in advance of compiling etc your project.

Schalk, just add the dependency to your pom and it will automatically
be downloaded and used at the appropriate time by Maven2.

Wayne

Re: [Maven 2] Newbie question

Re: [Maven 2] Newbie question

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.com>.
Thanks Wayne! So how would I go about accomplishing this with M2?

Re: [Maven 2] Newbie question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.