Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kp...@avaya.com> on 2001/05/09 17:24:02 UTC

Any known issues with Tomcat 3.2.1 and class loading ?

Dear Developers:

Are there any known issues with class loading under Tomcat 3.2.1?

My situation is that classes in jar files that reside in the WEB-INF/lib
directory for my servlet fail to load when accessed under Tomcat.  Yet
the classes load fine when accessed via test programs that use the very
same jar files and call the same servlet methods.

Seems like Tomcat is not working as advertised with respect to
automatically adding jar files from  <servletdir>/WEB-INF/lib to the
classpath.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a known issue?

Thanks,
Keith