Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/01 01:13:49 UTC

Re: Bug in meetings proxy tool

Looks like the problem occurred on the creation of the proxy not on the display. The entry in proxies contains
Craig L Russell          Junping Du (du)

This is parsed by self.is_user_proxied(mtg_dir, id)
In MeetingUtil.

So we need to look at the creation of the proxy.

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 4:51 PM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This page https://whimsy.apache.org/members/meeting
> Shows this for one of my proxies:
>
> du           | Junping Du (proxy)
>
> Seems like the parsing for junping_du was wrong, maybe because of the "_" in the id?
>
> I looked at https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blame/master/www/members/proxy.cgi but I cannot see where the member ids are obtained or where the member ids are displayed.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Bug in meetings proxy tool

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
In https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blame/master/www/members/proxy.cgi line 185 there is a suspicious change to the id that involves a "_".

This might be just for filling the proxy form but there might be a better way to do that then to modify the user.id field itself.

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:13 PM, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like the problem occurred on the creation of the proxy not on the display. The entry in proxies contains
> Craig L Russell          Junping Du (du)
>
> This is parsed by self.is_user_proxied(mtg_dir, id)
> In MeetingUtil.
>
> So we need to look at the creation of the proxy.
>
>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 4:51 PM, Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> This page https://whimsy.apache.org/members/meeting <https://whimsy.apache.org/members/meeting>
>> Shows this for one of my proxies:
>>
>> du           | Junping Du (proxy)
>>
>> Seems like the parsing for junping_du was wrong, maybe because of the "_" in the id?
>>
>> I looked at https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blame/master/www/members/proxy.cgi <https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blame/master/www/members/proxy.cgi> but I cannot see where the member ids are obtained or where the member ids are displayed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig L Russell
>> clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>