Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/13 20:06:39 UTC

Multiple uniqueKey fields

Hello, I just started using Solr and have a question regarding unique keys.

Is it somehow possible to specify more than 1 unique key?
The
problem is, some of my indexed data has one particular unique field,
while other data does not have this field at all and uses another field
for unique-ness.
Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Thanks,
David

RE: Multiple uniqueKey fields

Posted by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks, I thought of this shortly after I posted the question!

- david

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Will Johnson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Check out:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/ap
ache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQueryTest.java?revision=555343&view=markup

or

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/ap
ache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQueryTest.java?revision=555343&view=markup

as for stability, I've been using solrj for ~6 months now and it's been
great.  You should also be able to use the 1.3 pre-release solrj jar files
against a solr 1.2 instance.

- will

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Not really--there have been a few threads on this topic recently.
Perhaps in a couple months?

It may depend on the timing of the lucene release.

-MIke

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com>.
Ah...
:(

Re: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com>.
I'm really confused...is SolrJ coming in Solr 1.3 (which hasn't been released yet)?
It doesn't seem to be found in Solr 1.2 which I am using.

please enlighten..

- David

Re: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Not yet, but there should be!

Solr java tutorial

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@netflix.com>.
I had a similar problem with three sources of keys that have collisions
between the values. I prefix a single letter for each source.

movies: M12345
people: P12345

and so on.

wunder