Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Bridge <mi...@bridgecanada.com> on 2001/07/08 06:12:03 UTC

XML library problem: Cannot load SAXParserFactory

Hi-

I'm trying to set up Struts 1.0 on tomcat-4.0b5, and I'm getting this error
in the logs:

  javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Cannot load class SAXParserFactory class "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

So I tried putting the Xerces-1.4.1 version of xerces.jar in $JAKARTA_HOME/common/lib, but I get the following error:

  javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: The specified class "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl" is not instance of "javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory"

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

-Mike

--