Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn on 2007/06/01 07:34:30 UTC

RE: End User Reference

Hi Walter,

In this regard I would suggest you please sign a small support program from opensource strategies or hotwax media. Opensource stratgies have developed a very good financial application on ofbiz and are very good with financials.

Other way round you can also contact David E. Jones Hotwax media for support if they provide financials support.

In my view it would pay you in the long run to have a good support from any of these company for your financial person.

We have faced the same issue in our company since Finance person would not like to talk technical but financials like cost centers, receivables, payables, vendor balance, customer balance with related manuals available. We in turn contacted some of the core developers and in the process of getting their help.

Regards,
Vikrant

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I don't know that we at Hotwax could help a lot with this. We have had a few clients ask about using accounting with OFBiz, but most of our clients prefer an external solution with a light integration anyway. Part of the reason for that is the only real option right now for automated posting and financial reporting is the Open Source Strategies financials module that is part of the opentaps package as well.

So, yeah, the best source of information is probably OSS directory or maybe the opentaps mailing list because I'm not sure how many core OFBiz users actually use the financials package or any major accounting (automated general ledger) on top of the main OFBiz code base (yet anyway... I do know there are a few efforts moving in that direction and even toward implementing automated posting and financial reporting that will go back into OFBiz).

-David