Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeff Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2003/12/10 00:47:43 UTC

RE: TURBINE_2_3

I tried building turbine against tomcat 4.0.x which uses the
servletapi-2.2.jar

It looks like also
o.a.t.services.session.SessionListener

and some other classes are using features now available in the 2.3
servletapi so I don't think I can back port turbine 2.3 to using tomcat
4.0.x without cripling the new turbine. I can't even download a version
of tomcat 4.0.x anymore without going to cvs and pulling it down
that way... yuck... I don't even want to try and start building tomcat
after finally working my way through building turbine ;)

so I'm sorry to say, I don't think turbine 2.3 will be supported unless
you have a servlet 2.3 compliant container, is that a true
statement turbine developers?

maybe this should be posted in the documentation somewhere if it isn't
already

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Greg Kerdemelidis wrote:

> Legend! I've been meaning to migrate to 2.3, but as you've pointed out
> elsewhere (and judging by the more-than-usual `help' mails in the list) it's
> a bit of mission.
>
> Quick question you'll probably know the answer to: will the TDK 2.3 play
> with Tom's Cat 4.0? My damn hosting provider is a stick-in-the-mud as far as
> running new versions goes...

Jeffery Painter

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

RE: TURBINE_2_3

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Yes, as far as I know, you are right Turbine 2.3 and on requires Servlet
2.3!   If you want to patch the docs I'll apply them.  You could also add
somethign to the wiki.

Eric