Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by mtoro <mt...@chat.cl> on 2000/05/18 13:19:00 UTC

EmbPerl, Request Wap

Hi,

          I have developed with EmbPerl and dynamic Wap Pages, very
fast and easy.

           It exists some plan to bear the meta-commands SELECT, TABLE
...  with EmbPerl, something so as HTML: :EmbPerl::Wap?

Bye

RE: EmbPerl 2, was EmbPerl, Request Wap

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> > I guess this will be issue for Embperl 2, were it is very easy
> to define new
> > tags and their behaviour and which includes the possibility for
> switching
> > between different tag sets.
>
> Do you have a place where to see the planned features for Embperl
> 2? Some of
> the things you mention look like it's becoming more application
> server like, or
> at least can be used like that.

I don't have a summary of the new (planned) features so far. I have here and
there written something about it. I currently working very hard on it
(that's the reason why I don't make changes to 1.3 at the moment) and I hope
to release a first beta soon (which will not have all planned features).

The main point is that Embperl is much more modularized, so you can plugin
your own parsers, compilers, processers. I will have the possibility to
chain multiple processors/handlers and to defined custom html/xml tags which
will call functions in your own module. Also there will be a very enhanced
caching scheme and the overall perfomance is improved.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

EmbPerl 2, was EmbPerl, Request Wap

Posted by Kaare Rasmussen <ka...@webline.dk>.
> I guess this will be issue for Embperl 2, were it is very easy to define new
> tags and their behaviour and which includes the possibility for switching
> between different tag sets.

Do you have a place where to see the planned features for Embperl 2? Some of
the things you mention look like it's becoming more application server like, or
at least can be used like that.

Kaki Data                tshirts, merchandize      Fax:        3816 2582
Howitzvej 75               �ben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        L�rdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk

RE: EmbPerl, Request Wap

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

>           I have developed with EmbPerl and dynamic Wap Pages, very
> fast and easy.
>
>            It exists some plan to bear the meta-commands SELECT, TABLE
> ...  with EmbPerl, something so as HTML: :EmbPerl::Wap?

I didn't have taken a closer look at WAP so far. How would such tag's in WAP
look like?