Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/19 22:54:25 UTC

FW: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

It is now offical.  We have permission to release.

I am about to go figure out what's involved in publishing our artifacts.

Nick - how is the download page coming?  Someone also needs to update our
website information.

Good job everyone.

Carol

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Raju Bitter <r....@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations, fantastic job by all of you! I never thought that
you'd be able to release a first version of the Apache Flex SDK so
quickly!

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.
Hey guys and gals,

great job everybody! Congrats!

Roland

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: FW: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great! Congrats to all the team for make it possible! Good Job!

Carlos Rovira

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: FW: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: So what happens next? Was: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/19/12 2:40 PM, "Carol Frampton" <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:

> To add to Alex's list:
>
> Because this was a parity release we got away with not cleaning up JIRA
> and reporting on bug stats in our VOTE emails or in our RELEASE_NOTES.  I
> don't think we'll get away with that again.  We have to figure out how
> we're going to handle JIRA.  I think Bertrand currently owns the majority
> of the new bugs as well as the large number of bugs that came over from
> Adobe.

Good point about JIRA.  I am holding off making changes to it because I
think infra is going to blow it away and start over because of the
attachments issue.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: So what happens next? Was: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Flex 4.8.0 (apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating)

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
To add to Alex's list:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Now that we have the votes to release, I think it is time for everyone to
jump in and participate in the next release.

We'll certainly have a few folks finishing up some logistics for the current
release.  Nick is working on a downloads page.  It looks like we have to
prepare an announcement and have it reviewed by Apache PR.

But I think all of you who are committers can now commit stuff to the trunk.
I should note that we are definitely considering creating an "unstable"
branch.  In looking at the other Spark components and features Adobe has to
[...]

I would hope we could get enough contributions in to warrant a release in a

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.