Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darren Hill <dh...@724.com> on 2002/10/01 18:18:27 UTC

nested:optionsCollection

K ... so I have nested beans and all is well.

I just want to know the syntax of creating a single select.

My company bean contains an arraylist of employee beans ( everything works
will so far )

ie.  This works fine

<nested:iterate property="employeeList">
     <nested:text property="firstName"/>
</nested:iterate>

I want to produce this.

<select name="employeeid">
  <option value="1">Darren1</option>
  <option value="2">Darren2</option>
  <option value="3">Darren1</option>
</select>

using this ...

<nested:select property="employeeList" >
     <nested:optionsCollection property="firstName" value="id" />
</nested:select>

Obviously my syntax is wrong 'cause I get this ...

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property firstName of
bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN