Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jay Turner <jt...@bigshop.com.au> on 2001/04/24 05:50:54 UTC

RE: Apache SOAP and WebLogic 6.0 - A Solution!

Colin and Others...

Well I (when I say I, I mean myself and one of the head guys here) have
figured out how to get it to work.

Firstly, make sure that you have your soap.xml and web.xml updated as
outlined in Dion's document.

Then if you haven't already, move the soap.jar to
bea\wlserver6.0\config\mydomain\applications\soap\WEB-INF\lib.

Restart your server

Load the weblogic console and go to
 Deployments > Web Applications > soap

This is where the problem lies. See how there is a tick in the box that says
deployed, you would think that that means it had been deployed right?
Wrong!
If you look in the config.xml file you will see no reference to SOAP.

I don't fully understand the art that is hot deploying web-apps and war
files, but something doesn't work as you would think it should.

What you need to do is:

uncheck deployed
click apply
re check deployed
click apply

then restart the server and there you go.

You should now be able to click on list or deploy in the admin client and
have it find the DeployedServices.ds file.

Hope this helps

Let me know how you go

Regards

Jay

    True. Do you have any idea what the parameter to the rpcrouter servlet that indicates where the DeployedServices.ds file is located is called? I could set this up in web.xml.

        I think I actually spoke too soon on this. I am still getting the Unable to read DeployedServices.ds error when I use Apache SOAP 2.1 with WebLogic 6.0. However, Bea has an implemetation of Apache Soap on their developers website, developers.bea.com, which works well. I am not quite sure whether this is Apche Soap 2.1 or 2.0.

        Dion, is there anything else, other than what you describe in your instructions, that one needs to do to get the version 2.1 of SOAP working?
          <20/04/2001 8:23:08> <Info> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(1236342,soap)] rpcrouter: init>
          SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assuming fresh start

          From what I can see WL 6.0 cannot find the DeployedServices.ds file.

          When I try and deploy a service I get a better error that might help:

          <20/04/2001 8:25:12> <Info> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(1236342,soap)] Generated java file: D:\bea\wlserver6.0\config\
          mydomain\applications\.wl_temp_do_not_delete\WEB-INF\_tmp_war_myserver_myserver_soap\jsp_servlet\_admin\_deploy.java>
          <20/04/2001 8:25:22> <Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(1236342,soap)] Root cause of ServletException
          [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Error saving services registry: null]
                  at org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager.saveRegistry(DefaultConfigManager.java:183)
                  at org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager.deploy(DefaultConfigManager.java:120)
                  at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.deploy(ServiceManager.java:226)
                  at jsp_servlet._admin._deploy._jspService(_deploy.java:226)
                  at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:213)
[...]

                Has anyone successfully installed the lastest Apache Soap (version 2.1) with Bea WebLogic 6.0? I tried, but I can't seem to generate the DeployedServices.ds file.

                Please help.

Re: Apache SOAP and WebLogic 6.0 - A Solution!