Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Perry, Jay" <Ja...@netapp.com> on 2003/03/01 02:11:11 UTC

Xalan-J 2.4.1, XML Schemas, and default values for attributes

Hi folks,

I created an XML schema that contains definitions for
elements that have attributes with default values.

I am trying to use Xalan-J 2.4.1 to transform an instance
document that doesn't provide values for those attributes.
But, I am finding that I don't get the default value for
those attributes when processing their elements.

I am using the org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process class, rather
than rolling my own processor, with just -IN, -OUT, -XSL
and a couple of -PARAMs on the command line.

Am I missing a command line parameter?  Or do I need to
build my own processor and turn on an option somewhere?
Or, am I trying to do something that I shouldn't be (rely
on default attribite values defined in an XML schema)?

Jay Perry
jay.perry@netapp.com