Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/11/15 07:16:01 UTC

Don't follow links?

Hi,

Pretend I am a dummy and tell me how I explicitly disable traversal of certain
links in doc generation. ie Just say I do not want to try and crawl the
api/index.html link - hod do I do it?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature, because
God is not capricious or arbitrary.  No such faith comforts the software
engineer.
- Fred Brooks, Jr.

Re: Don't follow links?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:45:58PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:35, Jeff Turner wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:16:01PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Pretend I am a dummy and tell me how I explicitly disable traversal of
> > > certain links in doc generation. ie Just say I do not want to try and
> > > crawl the api/index.html link - hod do I do it?
> >
> > AFAIK, can't be done until someone improves the Cocoon CLI :/
>
> :(
>
> Is there a way to add an error page that fails to serialize or something like
> that as an ugly hack ? ;)

I don't think so.. at least my experiments with <map:read
src="/dev/null"/> don't make any difference.

There is a <cocoon> Ant task in Cocoon scratchpad which seems to
reimplement much of the crawler, and might help with this sort of thing.

--Jeff

Re: Don't follow links?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Don't follow links?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:16:01PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pretend I am a dummy and tell me how I explicitly disable traversal of certain
> links in doc generation. ie Just say I do not want to try and crawl the
> api/index.html link - hod do I do it?

AFAIK, can't be done until someone improves the Cocoon CLI :/

forrest | grep -v -f build/tmp/brokenlinks.txt

--Jeff

Re: Don't follow links?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:12, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Pretend I am a dummy and tell me how I explicitly disable traversal of
> > certain links in doc generation. ie Just say I do not want to try and
> > crawl the api/index.html link - hod do I do it?
>
> If you add the attribute

>   xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>   xlink:role="dynamic"
>
>  >blah</a>
>
> the crawler will skip it.

unfortunately thats too much work as there was about 50 such links ;)

However I found a solution which is to use a modified filterlinks.xsl
stylesheet in the links view which filters out those that are not wanted.
Seems to work well.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner

Re: Don't follow links?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pretend I am a dummy and tell me how I explicitly disable traversal of certain
> links in doc generation. ie Just say I do not want to try and crawl the
> api/index.html link - hod do I do it?

If you add the attribute

  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
  xlink:role="dynamic"