Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Dy...@Sun.COM on 2005/11/30 16:35:39 UTC

Issue type for test bugs

Hi,

which Jira issue type, "test" or "bug", should be used when reporting a bug
in a test?

--
dt

Re: Issue type for test bugs

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dy...@sun.com> wrote:

> Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 11/30/05, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dy...@sun.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> which Jira issue type, "test" or "bug", should be used when reporting a
> >> bug
> >> in a test?
> >>
> >> --
> >> dt
> >>

> > I've been using bug, then component test, because the tests/test harness
> can
> > have/need improvements, bugs, wishes...
> >
> > But maybe I've been wrong?
>
> That makes sense. But what is a test issue, then? A way of saying
> "this area needs more testing, there should be a test for it"? Or?
> Just curious...
>
> --
> dt

Well, maybe someone who is an administrator can properly reply to that one,
but I've seen the issue type "Test" being used as a subissue of a bug or new
feature - thus indicating that that bug (or feature) needs a test(/case).

Myrna

Re: Issue type for test bugs

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.

Re: Issue type for test bugs