Posted to user@ant.apache.org by mc...@webcpd.com on 2004/01/19 14:43:56 UTC

MailLogger

Hello There,

I wrote a build.xml in order to build my project on a daily basis using ANT.

I'd like to send the output of that daily build to my email account.

I read that it's possible to use MailLogger to do it, making a call:

ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger

I set the properties below in my build.xml:

<property name="MailLogger.success.notify" value="true"/>
<property name="MailLogger.failure.notify" value="true"/>
<property name="MailLogger.success.to" value="marco.campelo@abc.com.br"/>
<property name="MailLogger.failure.to" value="marco.campelo@abc.com.br"/>
<property name="MailLogger.mailhost" value="10.10.10.10"/>

The build completes sucessfully, but I don't receive any email not even an
error message.

I also tried to set the properties in a file and make the following call:

ant -D mail.properties -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger

I think (actually I'm pretty sure) that I'm not using MailLogger correctly.

Could you please help me?

PS: Yes, I read the manual. Yes, I searched in Google and GoogleGroups but I
couldn't find any tip.

Thanks in advance,
Marco Campêlo

Re: MailLogger

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
If you are not getting an error message when the build completes, then
my suspicion is that your mail server is receiving the mail, but it is
not going anywhere from there.  Try a different mailhost (even a bogus
one) and see what happens.

As for properties - it is irrelevant where or how the properties get
set as long as they are set before the build completes (successfully or
otherwise).

	Erik

Re: MailLogger

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
mcampelo@webcpd.com wrote:

>Hello There,
>
>I wrote a build.xml in order to build my project on a daily basis using ANT.
>
>I'd like to send the output of that daily build to my email account.
>
>I read that it's possible to use MailLogger to do it, making a call:
>
>ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
>
>I set the properties below in my build.xml:
>
><property name="MailLogger.success.notify" value="true"/>
><property name="MailLogger.failure.notify" value="true"/>
><property name="MailLogger.success.to" value="marco.campelo@abc.com.br"/>
><property name="MailLogger.failure.to" value="marco.campelo@abc.com.br"/>
><property name="MailLogger.mailhost" value="10.10.10.10"/>
>
>The build completes sucessfully, but I don't receive any email not even an
>error message.
>
>I also tried to set the properties in a file and make the following call:
>
>ant -D mail.properties -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
>
>I think (actually I'm pretty sure) that I'm not using MailLogger correctly.
>
>Could you please help me?
>
>PS: Yes, I read the manual. Yes, I searched in Google and GoogleGroups but I
>couldn't find any tip.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Marco Campêlo

Can you make sure that you are able to send an email to
marco.campelo@abc.com.br using the 10.10.10.10 mailhost , on the machine
where you are running the build ?

if this machine happens to run under Unix, you can try to write a shell
script to simulate this, using mailx to send the email.

you can also try to do :
telnet 10.10.10.10 25

this should answer

Cheers,