Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by amebaliu <am...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/12 12:14:14 UTC

question about submit component

<t:form t:id="addTasksForm">
t:value="task" t:id="editplace" /></div>
	    									<select t:type="select" t:model="users" t:value="user">
	    										<option>User 1</option>
	    										<option>User 2</option>
	    									</select>
t:type="submit" t:id="submitButton" value="Add this item"  /> or  # I'm done
adding items </div>
</t:form>

I am new to the Tapestry, and I wanna create the event handler for the
submit button which is a submit component..

In page class

I put the codes

	@OnEvent(component="submitButton")
	void onSubmitButton()
	{
	  System.out.println("Submit Here");
	}

But somehow, i can not get the eventhander working for this button, i can
get the event handler working for the textfield, textarea, form,link, but
only not for the submit button.. just wanna ask how can i get the event
handler working for this submit button

Thanks a lot :-D

Re: question about submit component

Posted by Marcelo Lotif <ml...@gmail.com>.
Try to catch the event by your FORM ID:

 @OnEvent(component="addTasksForm")
       void onSubmitButton()
       {
         System.out.println("Submit Here");
       }

or simply switch the onSubmiot method by onSuccess()

see http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/components/Submit.html
if you have more than one submit on your page.

2008/5/12 amebaliu <am...@yahoo.com>:

> <t:form t:id="addTasksForm">
> t:value="task" t:id="editplace" /></div>
>                                                                                <select t:type="select" t:model="users" t:value="user">
>                                                                                        <option>User 1</option>
>                                                                                        <option>User 2</option>
>                                                                                </select>
> t:type="submit" t:id="submitButton" value="Add this item"  /> or  # I'm done
> adding items </div>
> </t:form>
>
> I am new to the Tapestry, and I wanna create the event handler for the
> submit button which is a submit component..
>
> In page class
>
> I put the codes
>
>        @OnEvent(component="submitButton")
>        void onSubmitButton()
>        {
>          System.out.println("Submit Here");
>        }
>
> But somehow, i can not get the eventhander working for this button, i can
> get the event handler working for the textfield, textarea, form,link, but
> only not for the submit button.. just wanna ask how can i get the event
> handler working for this submit button
>
> Thanks a lot :-D

Atenciosamente,
Marcelo Lotif