Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> on 2012/02/03 17:23:29 UTC

new Twitter component: switch from ConsumerKey/Secret to ClientKey/Secret?

Hi, the upcoming Twitter component
(http://camel.apache.org/twitter.html) has these two settings (among
others): OAuth consumerKey and consumerSecret.  But "consumer" is a
deprecated term in the OAuth sphere:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849#section-3.1 -- they're "clients"
today.  Since 2.10 hasn't been released yet, should these parameters be
renamed to "clientKey" and "clientSecret" instead?  If we're going to
change it, now is definitely the time...

Glen

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: new Twitter component: switch from ConsumerKey/Secret to ClientKey/Secret?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
OK, makes sense.

Glen

Posted by Brett Meyer <br...@3riverdev.com>.