Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/04/23 16:23:19 UTC

Re: doesn't allow multicased attributes?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> wrote:

> Notice it reports the attribute in all lower case when it is defined
> in mixed case.

This is how Ant works internally.  All attribute names and element
names get turned into lowercase before Ant tries to map them to task
methods.

<macrodef> had the same problem that you've seen with <scriptdef> and
we fixed it in 1.6.1.  I just went ahead and fixed <scriptdef> in the
same manner so it will be OK in 1.6.2.  "OK" here means that it will
lowercase the name you give internally - there is no such thing as a
mixed case attribute in Ant (yet).

Stefan

Re: doesn't allow multicased attributes?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Thanks Stefan,

I thought this had been forgotten.  Nice to see it will work properly in the
next release!

Jake