Posted to users@rave.apache.org by "Hossenlopp, Chris" <ho...@mitre.org> on 2013/06/17 17:24:39 UTC

Predefined/Default Page for New Users

Hello!

We are trying to get our own portal set up and were wondering how to create and set a default page template for new users. To clarify, new users should have the default page set up for them with our layout and widgets. We also want them to be able to change these pages without affecting the copies that other users have.

I've heard this is done by modifying a few things in the mongo database after creating the page we want with an existing user. Does anyone know how to setup this behavior?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Predefined/Default Page for New Users

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Hossenlopp, Chris <ho...@mitre.org>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We are trying to get our own portal set up and were wondering how to
> create and set a default page template for new users. To clarify, new users
> should have the default page set up for them with our layout and widgets.
> We also want them to be able to change these pages without affecting the
> copies that other users have.
>
> I've heard this is done by modifying a few things in the mongo database
> after creating the page we want with an existing user. Does anyone know how
> to setup this behavior?

You need to modify (or create a new) default page template in the database.
This template will have a specified layout, set of regions and default
widgets for those regions.  When a user logs in, if they don't have any
pages configured, their portal page is configured from the default template.

There are two existing defaults in the database that should give you
pointers on how to configure yours.