Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jo...@tcq.net on 2018/03/14 16:45:13 UTC

Is it a bug?

Hello,

I am using the latest release 4.15, I keep having issues with the auto
correct option. It appears that the setting to capitalize a word
automatically is being forced by simply beginning a new line. Should
this not follow proper grammatical form and only capitalize immediately
following a period? I've had to disable it (auto-correct)  because the
text inside confined drawing objects will not wrap and using return
forces capitalized words mid sentence. Or perhaps this is more a word
wrapping issue that an auto correct problem? I still think a period
should actually gate when the caps triggers- not a return.

Thanks

Re: Is it a bug?

Posted by jo...@tcq.net.
Thank you for that information! It works just fine.

Pilot error it seems...

Thanks

Re: Is it a bug?

Posted by Daniels <ro...@gotalk.net.au>.
GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I am using the latest release 4.15, I keep having issues with the auto
> correct option. It appears that the setting to capitalize a word
> automatically is being forced by simply beginning a new line. Should
> this not follow proper grammatical form and only capitalize immediately
> following a period? I've had to disable it (auto-correct)  because the
> text inside confined drawing objects will not wrap and using return
> forces capitalized words mid sentence. Or perhaps this is more a word
> wrapping issue that an auto correct problem?

Or perhaps it is a user problem, Shift+Enter does the trick.

>   I still think a period
> should actually gate when the caps triggers- not a return.
>
> Thanks

---

Re: Is it a bug?

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.