Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/21 15:10:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.4 (RC1)

Hi all,

A release candidate for the next release (6.1.4) of the Qpid Java
Components has been created.

The list of defect fixes can be found in Jira:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20QPID%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20qpid-java-6.1.4

Please test and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/java/6.1.4-rc1

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1109

Kind regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1109</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Java 6.1.4 (RC1)

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

Built from source and ran the system tests
Started the broker and used the management console.
Ran some ad hoc tests using the AMQP 0-x and AMQP 1.0 clients

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Making my vote explicit

+1.

My testing was:

1) Verified the md5/sha checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Ran apache RAT
4) Built/ran test profile bdb/dby 0-9/0-10 from source bundle
5) Ran hello world against staged maven client artefacts against
broker from binary distribution artefact
6) Ran Joram test suite against the broker from binary distribution
artefact using the Qpid JMS Client 0.23.0.
7) Generally kicked the tyres within the Web Management Console.
8) Run some additional manual tests with the async recovery enabled

I encountered a new defect QPID-7836 which causes a NPE to be written
to the logs at WARN when browsing the contents of the queue whilst a
consumer is attached.  The Broker survived and operation was otherwise
unaffected.  This is not a regression since 6.1.2    No other problems
encountered.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1