Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McRaven, Brian" <bm...@ncr.com> on 2006/07/11 16:48:13 UTC

File isn't found in ROOT directory

I have placed an index.jsp file that I created in my servers
webapps/ROOT folder.  When I place the following address in my browser:

http://localhost/index.jsp

I still come up with the tomcat homepage on my local host.  I know that
file is located in the ROOT/admin folder is there some way that my
browser is overridding my request for my index.jsp file for the tomcat
homepage index.jsp instead?  I've tried opening other jsp's that I
migrated to this folder and I get a 404 not found message when I do
this.

Brian

RE: File isn't found in ROOT directory

Posted by "McRaven, Brian" <bm...@ncr.com>.
Dave et al,

I'm not sure why my index.jsp file is now accessible but it is.  I
commented out the part of the web.xml file for the servlet-name and got
an error.  When I got rid of the comments my index file showed up in the
browser on refresh as opposed to the tomcat version.  All is well that
ends well.  I must have overlooked something in there like saving the
web.xml file before I tried the address.  I'm now having trouble getting
my servlet recognized which I will post in a separate post.

Brian

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Two issue here:

Posted by "McRaven, Brian" <bm...@ncr.com>.
I'm using Tomcat 5.5.17 and the server.xml file has this in it:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

Brian

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
what version of tomcat?