Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Kerri Shotts <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 04:13:54 UTC

(CB-12241) Cordova Device plugin: device.serial value does not match the phone's serial number

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12241 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12241>.

Based on a quick Google search, I turned this up: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14161282/serial-number-from-samsung-device-running-android <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14161282/serial-number-from-samsung-device-running-android>, which implies there’s no standard here, which would make creating a solution that works correctly all the time problematic and a bug magnet (to me, anyway). Given that, I’m inclined to close this issue as “not a problem” and suggest the user fork as needed.

BUT, I’m far from an android expert, so thought I would ask for any Android dev’s out there and see what they think. Thoughts on leaving the bug open or closing it?

~ Kerri

Re: (CB-12241) Cordova Device plugin: device.serial value does not match the phone's serial number

Posted by Kerri Shotts <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all! I’ve closed the issue.

~ Kerri

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.