Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com> on 2003/04/22 21:10:40 UTC

manager app in virtual hosts

I have apache 2.connected to tomcat 4.1.24, with virtual hosting set up.

How do I set up the manager app so that I can reload a host on the fly?
Currently it only shows the webapps installed by default in tomcat, not
the separate virtual hosts I have configured with their own apps that
sit outside of the webapps directory. Moving them to the tomcat webapps
directory is not an option due to filesystem mounting considerations,
and since symbolic links aren't travelled I can't use them either.

Thanks

Chris

Re: manager app in virtual hosts

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
You need to configure the manager for each virtual host.
While you are at it you may want to configure a different realm for
each virtual host manager so that authentication for each virtual
host is isolated from all the other virtual hosts.

Here is an example Context config for the manager to nest inside
each of your Host config blocks:

         <Context path="/manager"
                  docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/server/webapps/manager"
                  debug="0" privileged="true">
        </Context>

Regards,

Glenn