Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stanczak Group <ju...@stanczakgroup.com> on 2006/08/28 15:50:35 UTC

IIS 6.0 working with Tomcat (via isapi)?

I'm running IIS 6 on a 2003 sp1 machine with Tomcat 5.5.17. I can't seem
to get JK 1.2.15 to work. I've tried 1.2.18, but it won't even load. I
even edited the reg to use that url rewrite, but no luck. Anyone get it
running under the same environment? If so, is there any tricks?

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

Edmund Burke

Wrapper cannot find servlet class

Posted by Deepan Chakravarthy <co...@gmail.com>.
Hello Everyone,
  I am a newbie to tomcat. I had deployed a war file in tomcat. When i
start tomcat i get the following errors.  To give you more details. I am
using gridsphere portlet container. I am deploying a portlet in
gridsphere using tomcat. Please look below for error details.
I guess the problem is with web.xml. I had also attached web.xml,
portlet.xml, layout.xml in the bottom.
Thanks
Deepan Chakravarthy N
www.codeshepherd.com

Caused by:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
org.gridlab.gridsphere.provider.portlet.jsr.PortletServlet or a class it
depends on
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1042)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:757)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:539)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.portletcontainer.impl.SportletDispatcher.include(SportletDispatcher.java:287)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.portletcontainer.impl.SportletDispatcher.init(SportletDispatcher.java:72)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.portletcontainer.PortletInvoker.initPortletWebApp(PortletInvoker.java:385)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.services.core.registry.impl.PortletManager.initPortletWebApplication(PortletManager.java:275)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.services.core.registry.impl.PortletManager.initAllPortletWebApplications(PortletManager.java:258)
        at
org.gridlab.gridsphere.filters.GridSphereFilter.doFilter(GridSphereFilter.java:67)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595

portlet.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"
             version="1.0"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd">
    <portlet>
        <!-- place portlet description here -->
        <description xml:lang="en">The Classic Hello World
example</description>
        <!-- place unique portlet name here -->
        <portlet-name>HelloPortlet</portlet-name>
        <display-name xml:lang="en">Hello World</display-name>
        <!-- place your portlet class name here -->

<portlet-class>org.gridsphere.gsexample.portlets.HelloWorld</portlet-class>
        <expiration-cache>60</expiration-cache>
        <!-- place supported modes here -->
        <supports>
            <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>edit</portlet-mode>
            <portlet-mode>help</portlet-mode>
        </supports>
        <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
        <portlet-info>
            <title>Hello World</title>
            <short-title>Hello World</short-title>
            <keywords>hello</keywords>
        </portlet-info>
        <!-- place portlet preferences here -->
    </portlet>
    <custom-portlet-mode>
        <description xml:lang="en">Pre-defined custom portlet mode
CONFIGURE</description>
        <portlet-mode>CONFIGURE</portlet-mode>
    </custom-portlet-mode>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">User Name</description>
        <name>user.name</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">User Id</description>
        <name>user.id</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">User Full Name</description>
        <name>user.name.full</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">User E-Mail</description>
        <name>user.email</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">Company Organization</description>
        <name>user.organization</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">Last Login Time</description>
        <name>user.lastlogintime</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">Timezone</description>
        <name>user.timezone</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">Preferred Locale</description>
        <name>user.locale</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <user-attribute>
        <description xml:lang="en">Preferred Theme</description>
        <name>user.theme</name>
    </user-attribute>
    <!--
        <security-constraint>
            <portlet-collection>
                <portlet-name>TimeZoneClock</portlet-name>
            </portlet-collection>
            <user-data-constraint>
            </user-data-constraint>
        </security-constraint>
    -->

web.xml

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
    <display-name>GridSphere Examples</display-name>

    <description>
        Provides GridSphere Examples
    </description>

    <context-param>
        <!-- preferred repository selector. "preferred" because
        if one is already installed, this choice is ignored. -->
        <param-name>log4j-selector</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.log4j.selector.ContextJNDISelector</param-value>
    </context-param>
    <context-param>
        <!-- relative path to config file within current webapp -->
        <param-name>log4j-config</param-name>
        <param-value>WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <!-- uncomment only if using in non-GridSphere container
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.gridlab.gridsphere.provider.portlet.jsr.PortletServlet</listener-class>
    </listener>
     -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>PortletServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.gridlab.gridsphere.provider.portlet.jsr.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>PortletServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/jsr/gsexamples</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
      <extension>wbmp</extension>
      <mime-type>image/vnd.wap.wbmp</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
      <extension>wml</extension>
      <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

    <mime-mapping>
      <extension>wmls</extension>
      <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wmlscript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

    <env-entry>
        <description>JNDI logging context for this app</description>
        <env-entry-name>log4j/logging-context</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-value>gsexamples</env-entry-value>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

</web-app>

group.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
 Sample group layout

 $Id: group.sample.xml.tpl 4496 2006-02-08 20:27:04Z wehrens $
-->
<portlet-group>
    <group-name>Hello</group-name>
    <group-description>An Example group</group-description>
    <group-visibility>PUBLIC</group-visibility>
    <portlet-role-info>
        <portlet-class>gsexamples#HelloPortlet</portlet-class>
        <required-role>USER</required-role>
    </portlet-role-info>
</portlet-group>

layout.xml
<portlet-tabbed-pane>
    <portlet-tab label="GridSphere Examples">
        <title lang="en">GridSphere Examples</title>
        <portlet-tabbed-pane style="sub-menu">
            <portlet-tab label="helloworld">
                <title lang="en">Hello</title>
                    <row-layout>
                        <column-layout width="100%">
                            <portlet-frame label="helloportlet">
                                <portlet-class>
                                        gsexamples#HelloPortlet

</portlet-class>
                            </portlet-frame>
                        </column-layout>
                    </row-layout>
            </portlet-tab>
        </portlet-tabbed-pane>
    </portlet-tab>
</portlet-tabbed-pane>

HelloWorld.java

package org.gridsphere.gsexamples.portlets;

import javax.portlet.GenericPortlet;
import javax.portlet.RenderRequest;
import javax.portlet.RenderResponse;
import javax.portlet.PortletException;
import java.io.PrintWriter;
import java.io.IOException;

/*
 * A simple HelloWorld Portlet
 */
public class HelloWorld extends GenericPortlet
{
        public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse
response) throws PortletException, IOException
        {
                response.setContentType("text/html");
                PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
                out.println("<h1>Hello World</h1>");
        }
}

Re: IIS 6.0 working with Tomcat (via isapi)?

Posted by Reynir Hubner <re...@hugsmidjan.is>.

hi,

What do you get in your ISAPI logs ?
you can browse down to the registry entrie with regedit, and review the
paths, etc. one thing comes to mind, that is that the directories
pointed at (for example the log file directory) must have been made on
before hand.

The usual cause of not getting the green arrow, is that the paths are
incorrect, or do not point at some files, or some directories are missing.

You should also be getting some messages in the event logs (of windows).

Then a new addon in IIS6 is that you must allow the "Web Service
Extension" to operate.

But I if I remember it correctly you get green arrow, even though that's
not set.

You should try downloading this one (most recent version of the .dll):

http://ftp.rhnet.is/pub/apache/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.18/

hope it helps
- -reynir

Posted by Timothy Collett <da...@mac.com>.

Posted by Reynir Hubner <re...@hugsmidjan.is>.

RE: [SPAM:] - Re: IIS 6.0 working with Tomcat (via isapi)? - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

Posted by Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov>.
http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleS
how&d=29051

Leo Donahue
GIS Programmer/Analyst
Maricopa County Planning & Development
602-506-2474
602-372-3950 - fax

Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

Try this support article.  May not be what you're looking for, but it
does setup Tomcat and IIS using a mod_jk you download.

Leo D

Posted by Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov>.

Posted by Timothy Collett <da...@mac.com>.

Re: IIS 6.0 working with Tomcat (via isapi)? FIXED

Posted by Stanczak Group <ju...@stanczakgroup.com>.
That did it. It was the Web Services Extensions part. I didn't have the
enabled. Thanks.

Reynir Hubner wrote:

Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group
812-735-3600

Edmund Burke

Re: IIS 6.0 working with Tomcat (via isapi)?

Posted by Reynir Hubner <re...@hugsmidjan.is>.