Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2014/09/20 17:00:49 UTC

Community building progress

Hi folks,

What's the status of the community building efforts we previously
discussed? Which initiatives have been put into practice, and how did
they turn out? Are we planning to expand our efforts in this area?

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Community building progress

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Also Kasper had reached out to Apache Gora community to possible
integration work.

This is all good work to build out the community

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Thanks Henry.

Nope we don't need bylaws or a CoC, but I believe they could help
attract contributors. We learnt on CouchDB that if you don't have
bylaws, nobody really knows how the project works, or what the rolls
are, and I think that holds back contribution.

We could copy the CouchDB bylaws, change a few references to
MetaModel, and then vote them in. Assuming that the way we do things
on CouchDB is compatible with how this community wants to operate.

Similarly, I think establishing even a minimal CoC which will be
enforced by the PMC opens up this project to contributions from people
who might not contribute otherwise.

Certainly not graduation blockers. But I consider these to be very
important for all ASF projects.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thx for input Noah.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.