Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Leigh Dodds <ld...@ingenta.com> on 2002/09/06 12:17:54 UTC

Problems with my Cocoon database tutorial

Hi all,

I'd like to apologise for an error thats crept into my tutorial
"Cocoon 2: Build database-driven sites" on IBM developerWorks
thats obviously burnt a number of folks.

In the text I've incorrectly shown esql:pool as a child of esql:execute-query
rather than esql:connection. The correct structure is, of course:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:pool>...</esql:pool>
  <esql:execute-query/>
  <esql:query/>
<esql:connection/>

Unfortunately I don't have direct access to the developerWorks
website myself, but have contacted them to ask for corrections to
be made.

Apologies again for causing some of you difficulties and much
head scratching. Thanks to Alan Hodgkinson, Wayne Brandes
and Pieter Masereeuw for mailing me to point out the problem and
suggest fixes.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds
Weblog: http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic

RE: Problems with my Cocoon database tutorial

Posted by Leigh Dodds <ld...@ingenta.com>.

Any suggestions?

I've been stuffing bits and pieces into the Cocoon Wiki recently [1]
whenever I get time. There's a wishlist there [2] you can put
suggestions in.

I plan to start doing more stuff on Cocoon -- I'm particularly interested
in Cocoon related 'design patterns' or best practices, but would need
some help from others to compile this -- a range of experiences is
always best for those.

L.

[1]. http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp
[2]. http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Wishlist

Re: Problems with my Cocoon database tutorial

Posted by Alan Hodgkinson <al...@softxs.ch>.
Dear Leigh,

> I'd like to apologise for an error thats crept into my tutorial
> "Cocoon 2: Build database-driven sites" on IBM developerWorks
> thats obviously burnt a number of folks.
> ..[snip]..
> Apologies again for causing some of you difficulties and much
> head scratching.

To make the punishment fit the crime: how about writing some more
tutorials. :)

Seriously, no problem. Luckily the cocoon mailing list was there
to help.

> Thanks to Alan Hodgkinson, Wayne Brandes and Pieter Masereeuw
> for mailing me to point out the problem and suggest fixes.

You're welcome.

Best wishes,

Alan.