Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Dauben, Oliver" <Ol...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2000/10/11 12:20:01 UTC

which to use: ESQL or SQL taglib ?

hi community,

i'm currently upgrading my database access layer from the SQL processor to
the new favoured way.

it is not clear to me if i should rather use ESQL or the SQLTaglib for my
database query stuff.

are this two approaches developed in parallel or is one of both marked for
depreciation in the near future as with the SQL processor.

it seems to me that the taglib approach is a bit more powerful because of
the usage of turbine connection pools.

can anybody help me on that issue ? a *short* explanation of both ways would
be great !

cheers,

oLiVeR

Re: which to use: ESQL or SQL taglib ?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Dauben, Oliver wrote:

> hi community,
>
> i'm currently upgrading my database access layer from the SQL processor to
> the new favoured way.
>
> it is not clear to me if i should rather use ESQL or the SQLTaglib for my
> database query stuff.
>
> are this two approaches developed in parallel or is one of both marked for
> depreciation in the near future as with the SQL processor.

the esql logicsheet is the way of the future, but the namespace is not
finalized yet. it will be finalized (version 1 anyway) at apachecon. all
other approaches (sql processor, sql logicsheet, sql filter) will be
deprecated. i encourage you to give esql a whirl and send me feedback
before it's too late. :)

- donald