Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Webmaster <we...@teamdiscus.com> on 2000/08/08 01:04:02 UTC

Tomcat and Apache together

I am having a big problem getting Tomcat and Apache to run together.  I can get both to run alone when I comment out the include statement at the end of the httpd.conf file which I have as

include /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf

When that statement is commented out I can get Apache to run and Tomcat to run by itself.  When I shut down Apache, remove the comment and try to start apache using

apachectl start

I get an error saying that Apache cannot be started.  I  thought at first I wasn't putting the mod_jserv.so file in the right place but when i started playing with the location in the tomcat.conf file I was actually getting an error saying that it couldn't find the mod_jserv.so file, so when i changed it back, all I get is that Apache can not start.  I know tomcat.conf is getting included but there's something in that file that's wrong.  I didn't edit anything else in the file except for the LoadModule for the mod_jserv.so.  I even built the mod_jserv.so file myself instead of using the binary on apache's site...which I've tried as well and get the same results.  Am I doing something wrong?  Both work wonderfully separately but I would like to be able to get them to work together for obvious reasons.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

----
Robert L. Brueckmann
Webmaster
7400 York Road, Suite 405