Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by T Vinod Gupta <tv...@readypulse.com> on 2012/02/08 23:38:02 UTC

linking documents in solr

hi,
I have a question around documents linking in solr and want to know if its
possible. lets say i have a set of blogs and their authors that i want to
index seperately. is it possible to link a document describing a blog to
another document describing an author? if yes, can i search for blogs with
filters on attributes of the author? if yes, if i update an attribute of an
author (by its id), then will the search results reflect the updated
attribute(s)?

thanks

Re: linking documents in solr

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I have a question around documents linking in solr and want
> to know if its
> possible. lets say i have a set of blogs and their authors
> that i want to
> index seperately. is it possible to link a document
> describing a blog to
> another document describing an author? if yes, can i search
> for blogs with
> filters on attributes of the author? if yes, if i update an
> attribute of an
> author (by its id), then will the search results reflect the
> updated
> attribute(s)?

You may find these relevant:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join