Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com> on 2002/10/02 18:10:53 UTC

Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

There has been some major fixes inside the uriMap, uriEnv, apr_socket
and lb that makes the 2_0_0 IMO unusable, and personally I'm ashamed as
a RM that this was a release after all :(.

Since we tagged and released JK2 as beta, seems to me that we could
easily do the same for the 2.0.1, and just pretend that 2.0.0 ewer
existed :)

The question is are we going to wait for a Apache1.3/APR/JNI builds or
just go without that. But before going to the 2_0_1 (What doesn't kill
you makes you stronger ;) could you guys do the testing against current
CVS for all the discussed items.

MT.

Re: Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> There has been some major fixes inside the uriMap, uriEnv, apr_socket
> and lb that makes the 2_0_0 IMO unusable, and personally I'm ashamed as
> a RM that this was a release after all :(.

Do not!

That is a lot of work to make a release and all of us will benefit to the fact
you are now fitted to be the next RM :-))

> Since we tagged and released JK2 as beta, seems to me that we could
> easily do the same for the 2.0.1, and just pretend that 2.0.0 ewer
> existed :)
>
> The question is are we going to wait for a Apache1.3/APR/JNI builds or
> just go without that. But before going to the 2_0_1 (What doesn't kill
> you makes you stronger ;) could you guys do the testing against current
> CVS for all the discussed items.

Do not hurry too much if you think that 2_0_0 is a very bad we should not loose
time producing binaries for it. But we must make sure 2_0_1 will be good enough
for beta.

Re: Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Something which should done will be to tag in C sources
>> for use by scandoc (or doxygen).
>>
>> I'll try to do this for jk/native.
>>
>> Comments ?
>

> That is some work... The scandoc templates were prepared for mod_webapp.
> doxygen is what is most communily used in Apache.

Would you recommand scandoc or doxygen.

Did there is something available which could generate
XML so that we could apply our own styles ?

Re: Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

Re: Tagging JK2_2_0_1?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> There has been some major fixes inside the uriMap, uriEnv, apr_socket
> and lb that makes the 2_0_0 IMO unusable, and personally I'm ashamed as
> a RM that this was a release after all :(.
>
> Since we tagged and released JK2 as beta, seems to me that we could
> easily do the same for the 2.0.1, and just pretend that 2.0.0 ewer
> existed :)

As JF said, we should wait a little more before releasing a 2.0.1
(even beta).

> The question is are we going to wait for a Apache1.3/APR/JNI builds or
> just go without that. But before going to the 2_0_1 (What doesn't kill
> you makes you stronger ;) could you guys do the testing against current
> CVS for all the discussed items.

I think Apache 1.3 / APR / JNI should be resolved before 2.0.1