Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com> on 2007/02/17 00:37:09 UTC

Beginning inventory balances

Hi all -

  How do you set up beginning balances of non-serialized inventory in  a facility. Is there an import utility? We have just under 10000 inventoried items to move over to OFBiz and I really don't want to enter them one by one.

  Rick

Re: Beginning inventory balances

Posted by Daniel Kunkel <Da...@BioWaves.com>.
Hi Rick

Two common techniques, and a third idea if it's easier...

1.) Webtools Data Import functions. Sorry...  don't have a link, but
look for them.

2.) XML import.  OFBiz has great XML input and output routines... Alas,
some care needs to be taken with special characters.

3.) It's feasible that the easiest way would be to just connect and load
up the OFBiz data structure from your application...

I hope one of these works for you, or that someone will pipe up if I've
forgotten any.