Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/17 18:02:09 UTC

Java 18, and next releases of Calcite and Avatica

Java 18 is now production. I think we should support it in the next releases of Calcite and Avatica.

I have created a case to support Java 18 in Calcite and Avatica [1],
a case for Calcite release 1.31 [2],
a case for Avatica release 1.21 [3],
and made #2 and #3 depend on #1.

It would be great if someone could fix #1 asap.

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5095

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5096

[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5097 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5097>

Re: Java 18, and next releases of Calcite and Avatica

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Benchao. Let's discuss further in CALCITE-5095.

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Francis,

I had forgotten that Avatica still uses Gradle 6.8.1. You are correct
that we will need to upgrade Avatica to Gradle 7+ before it can use
JDK 17 or higher. I have logged
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5098.

Julian

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.