Posted to users@maven.apache.org by to...@gi-de.com on 2008/02/22 08:57:29 UTC

Using variables in src\site\apt\index.apt - is there a default-index.apt or even inheritance?

Hi,

what´s the magic behind the default Site generation ? Without specifying
anything the index.html is being generated containing

About ${project.name}
${project.description}

The index.html looks like:

application from &quot;Better Builds with Maven&quot;</p></div>

When I now create my own src\site\apt\index.apt File, the Default with
"About...." and "Description" is gone.

a) is there a default-index.apt file I can "copy and modify"? A
default-site.xml I´ve found in the maven-site-plugin-<version>.jar
b) how can I use "dynamic content" in an apt File,e.g. ${project.version}
or what´s the recommended way ?

I´ve read something at
http://www.nabble.com/-M2--Insert-variables-in-xdoc-apt-files-to5366829.html#a5371135
Is that the recommended way to play around with the directories using the
filtering process?

Thanx for any hints,

Torsten

Re: Using variables in src\site\apt\index.apt - is there a default-index.apt or even inheritance?

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gi...@gmail.com>.
http://picasaweb.google.com/archanaa05/MysoreTrip/photo#5006538269406644850

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Have a look at the filtering section on this page:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html

--
Dennis Lundberg