Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Suneet Saldanha <su...@apache.org> on 2022/05/26 05:21:23 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Druid 0.23 release

Hi all,

I've been thinking that we should consider re-branding this release as
the Druid 23.0 instead of 0.23 release. I think this is appropriate because
typically a `0.XX` software version implies that the software is in it's infancy.

Druid is quite mature, and we've been putting good guardrails in place to
detect and prevent breaking API changes in each release. Druid has also
been running in production clusters for many different use cases for quite some
time now. I think version 23.0 is more in line with the maturity of the project.

Is there a reason not to change the version for the next release? Any other thoughts?

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@imply.io>.
Thank you, Suneet.

Posted by Suneet Saldanha <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by rahul gidwani <ra...@gmail.com>.