Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@pm-planc.de> on 2005/11/26 16:21:13 UTC

stupid question: session management

Hi all;

just crashing right into doing something useful using Tapestry: I read
that the framework itself also provides session management features. Can
anyone point me the way to some good tutorial on how to use basic
session management with Tapestry? By now, I more or less got a clue how
to get user authentication done, but I'm not sure about how to handle a
session after any user has logged into the system I'm about to build...

TIA and bye,
Kris

Re: stupid question: session management

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
Tapestry relies on the session management of the servlet container - it
does not manages sessions on its own.
You can *use* the container's session very transparently by using
application state object, using the session scope, or using persistent
properties.

see

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/state.html

Cheers,