Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Komal Mariam <ko...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/11 05:13:35 UTC

Problem starting taskexecutor daemons in 3 node cluster

I'm trying to set up a 3 node Flink cluster (version 1.9) on the following
machines:

Node 1 (Master) : 4 GB (3.8 GB) Core2 Duo 2.80GHz,  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Node 2 (Slave) : 16 GB, Core i7-3.40GHz, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Node 3 (Slave) : 16 GB, Core i7-3,40GHz, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I have followed the instructions on:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/deployment/cluster_setup.html

I have defined the IP/address of "jobmanager.rpc.address" in
conf/flink-conf.yaml in the follwoing format: master@master-node1-hostname

Slaves as conf/slaves:  slave@slave-node2-hostname
                        slave@slave-node3-hostname
                        master@master-node1-hostname (using master machine
for task execution too)

However my problem is when running bin/start-cluster.sh on Master node, it
fails to start taskexecutor daemon on* both Slave nodes.* It only starts
both taskexecutor daemon and standalonesession daemon on
master@master-node1-hostname (Node 1)

I have tried both passwordless ssh and password ssh on all machines but the
result is the same. In the latter case, it does ask for
slave@slave-node2-hostname, slave@slave-node3-hostname passowords but fails
to display any message like "starting taskexecutor daemon on xxxx" after
that.

I switched my master node to Node 2 and set Node 1 to slave. It was able to
start taskexecutor daemons on* both Node 2 and Node 3 *successfully but did
nothing for Node 1.

I'd appreciate if you can advice on what the problem here could be and how
I can resolve it.

Best Regards,
Komal

Re: Problem starting taskexecutor daemons in 3 node cluster

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
SSH access to the nodes and nodes being able to talk to each other are
separate issues. The former is only used for starting the Flink cluster.
Once the cluster is started, Flink only requires that nodes can talk to
each other (independent of SSH).

Cheers,
Till

>>> same_username@slave-node3-hostname
>>> same_username@master-node1-hostname
>>>
>>> Infact, because the usernames are the same, I can just save them in the
>>> conf files as:
>>> slave-node2-hostname
>>> slave-node3-hostname

Posted by Komal Mariam <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Komal,

Posted by Komal Mariam <ko...@gmail.com>.
[...]

                 - Failed to connect from address '/150.82.219.73': connect