Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl> on 2016/11/01 17:36:55 UTC

Bug in wicket 7.5.0 caused by WICKET-6231; Reported as WICKET-6266

Hi all,

Some of our apps broke pretty badly when upgrading from 7.4.0 to 7.5.0.

Using auto-components (which are created & added using component resolvers)
and overriding getVaration() on a parent component breaks the page render
for us.

Under these circumstances a render fails with a RTE for us:
- page overrides getVaration() returning some non-empty value
- page html doesn’t have a version for that variation, so the default
version is used (MyPage.html and not MyPage_variation.html)
- component resolvers break: WICKET-6231 ignores the markup set for
auto-components if the variation does not match; there is no other way to
find the markup (since it is an auto-component)

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6266
I have included a quickstart which demonstrates the problem and have added
a comment with a possible fix to the ticket.

PS I would hereby also like tor request write access to the wicket wiki
(username bgooren), to list the company I work for on the “Companies that
provide services”-page. Thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas Gooren

Re: Bug in wicket 7.5.0 caused by WICKET-6231; Reported as WICKET-6266

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of our apps broke pretty badly when upgrading from 7.4.0 to 7.5.0.
>
> Using auto-components (which are created & added using component resolvers)
> and overriding getVaration() on a parent component breaks the page render
> for us.
>
> Under these circumstances a render fails with a RTE for us:
> - page overrides getVaration() returning some non-empty value
> - page html doesn’t have a version for that variation, so the default
> version is used (MyPage.html and not MyPage_variation.html)
> - component resolvers break: WICKET-6231 ignores the markup set for
> auto-components if the variation does not match; there is no other way to
> find the markup (since it is an auto-component)
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6266
> I have included a quickstart which demonstrates the problem and have added
> a comment with a possible fix to the ticket.
>

> PS I would hereby also like tor request write access to the wicket wiki
> (username bgooren), to list the company I work for on the “Companies that
> provide services”-page. Thanks!

Done!