Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Michael Marth <mm...@day.com> on 2009/05/04 15:06:40 UTC

Interest in contribution of CMIS Explorer?

Dear Chemistry project members,

Shane Johnson and I are working on a CMIS client "CMIS Explorer" [1]. At
last week's CMIS Plufest [2] we have upgraded the client to the latest spec
(0.6.1) and successfully tested it against a number of CMIS servers [3].

After some discussions I had at the Plugfest, Shane and I would like to
propose to contribute the CMIS Explorer code to Chemistry and continue the
development within the Chemistry project. We believe that a readily
available client will help CMIS users to get started. I hope it might also
be beneficial for server-side development.

CMIS Explorer is implemented based on Flex/Air (so it runs as a desktop
client on Win, Mac, and Linux). The (partial) feature list and some
screenshots are at [4] (CMIS Explorer currently works for the AtomPub
bindings only). The code base split in UI [1] and a Flex component that
implements the server interaction [5] (all Apache license 2.0).

Very much looking forward to your replies.

Best regards
Michael Marth

[1] http://code.google.com/p/cmis-explorer/
[2] http://sergehuber.jahia.com/cmis-plugfest-day-1
[3] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/cmisplugfest2.html
[4] http://blogs.citytechinc.com/sjohnson/?p=60
[5] http://code.google.com/p/flex-cmis-client/

--
Michael Marth | http://dev.day.com/

Re: Interest in contribution of CMIS Explorer?

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
hi guys,

outstanding... i definitely welcome the contribution.

regards,
david

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Michael Marth <mm...@day.com> wrote:
> Dear Chemistry project members,
>
> Shane Johnson and I are working on a CMIS client "CMIS Explorer" [1]. At
> last week's CMIS Plufest [2] we have upgraded the client to the latest spec
> (0.6.1) and successfully tested it against a number of CMIS servers [3].
>
> After some discussions I had at the Plugfest, Shane and I would like to
> propose to contribute the CMIS Explorer code to Chemistry and continue the
> development within the Chemistry project. We believe that a readily
> available client will help CMIS users to get started. I hope it might also
> be beneficial for server-side development.
>
> CMIS Explorer is implemented based on Flex/Air (so it runs as a desktop
> client on Win, Mac, and Linux). The (partial) feature list and some
> screenshots are at [4] (CMIS Explorer currently works for the AtomPub
> bindings only). The code base split in UI [1] and a Flex component that
> implements the server interaction [5] (all Apache license 2.0).
>
> Very much looking forward to your replies.
>
> Best regards
> Michael Marth
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/cmis-explorer/
> [2] http://sergehuber.jahia.com/cmis-plugfest-day-1
> [3] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/cmisplugfest2.html
> [4] http://blogs.citytechinc.com/sjohnson/?p=60
> [5] http://code.google.com/p/flex-cmis-client/
>
> --
> Michael Marth | http://dev.day.com/

David Nuescheler
Chief Technology Officer
mailto: david.nuescheler@day.com
T +41 61 226 98 98
F +41 61 226 98 97

Info-World 2009 Technology of the Year Award:  Best Web CMS
http://www.infoworld.com/slideshow/2009/01/194-2009_technology-4.html

Day Software AG
Barfuesserplatz 6
4001 Basel
web:  http://www.day.com/ http://dev.day.com
twitter: @daysoftware
recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose to
others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to
this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.
The sender does not assume any liability for timely, trouble-free, complete,
virus free, secure, error free or uninterrupted arrival of this email.
For verification please request a hard-copy version.

Re: Interest in contribution of CMIS Explorer?

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@day.com>.
Hi,

I'm absolutely welcoming such a contribution! During last week's
PlugFest, it was a very valuable tool to test different
implementations against.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> That sounds like a very good idea.
> Maybe we should start thinking about having a per-language toplevel
> directories in the svn repository then:
> - java
> - javascript
> - flex
> ?

As long as we don't have a lot of projects for a given programming
language, I'd rather favor a top-level consisting of program names,
e.g.:

/chemistry
/cmis-explorer
/...

Cheers
Dominique

Posted by Michael Marth <mm...@day.com>.
Stefane,

a while back I used FlexUnit [1] (works like JUnit) with Ant. Personally, I
have not run FlexUnit with Maven so far, but the Flex Maven plugin docs look
as if that was possible [2].

And, yes, we should definitely have some unit tests for CMIS Explorer.

Michael

[1] http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexunit/Flexunit
[2] http://docs.flex-mojos.info/flex-compiler-mojo/index.html

Posted by Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>.