Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com> on 2009/09/17 10:52:39 UTC

Can a node be shared by more than one parent.

Hi,

We have a requirement in which we need to have a node which can be accessed through two different parent nodes.

If yes, can you provide an example.

Alternative solutions are appreciated.

Regards,
Sunil

Re: Can a node be shared by more than one parent.

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Alexander Klimetschek
<ak...@day.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:16, Thomas Müller <th...@day.com> wrote:
>> Jackrabbit supports this, see the JCR 2.0 specification under "3.9
>> Shareable Nodes Model":
>> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pfd/jsr283/index.html
>
> To be exact: the yet-to-be-released Jackrabbit 2.0 trunk.

It's really interesting new feature for version 2!

Thanks!

-Guo

Re: Can a node be shared by more than one parent.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:16, Thomas Müller <th...@day.com> wrote:
> Jackrabbit supports this, see the JCR 2.0 specification under "3.9
> Shareable Nodes Model":
> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pfd/jsr283/index.html

To be exact: the yet-to-be-released Jackrabbit 2.0 trunk.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Can a node be shared by more than one parent.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Jackrabbit supports this, see the JCR 2.0 specification under "3.9
Shareable Nodes Model":
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pfd/jsr283/index.html

Regards,
Thomas