Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by da...@opensource.lk on 2004/05/24 12:26:36 UTC

Re: Ability to add custom headers to SOAP messeges, through the stub

Hi Samisa,

> The generated stub is a flat class, meaning that it is a single class
> doing everything. I think it
> will be a good idea to abstract things to a base Stub class, which would
> define the base API at
> stub level. Let the class generated by wsdl2ws tool inherit from the base
> Stub class and add only
> wsdl specific stuff to the generated class.  This way it would make it
> easy to add functionality
> at stub level.
>
> This base Stub class should consist of an API where it would allow:
>     - get/set trasport properties e.g. HTTP headers
>     - get/set SOAP headers
>     - get/set endpoint
>     - get/set proxy  to tunnel through a proxy server(optinal)

Idea of abstracting a base class that do certain tasks seems to be
very good. That also reduces the burden of the tool

damitha

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Damitha,
   I am working on a stub class. However I am facing problems when it comes to dealing with
trasport as I mentioned in my earlier email. I am fixing those problems while I am building the
Stub class.

Samisa...

http://messenger.yahoo.com/