Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Olano, Ever" <oe...@cybersource.com> on 2006/01/24 19:30:59 UTC

WSPasswordCallback and PKCS12

Hello.  I'm using Axis/WSS4J as a client this time.  I sign my requests
using a p12 file (pkcs12).  I find that I still need to define a
WSPasswordCallback (otherwise, I get an error) but I can call
setPassword() and pass any bogus value and it works.

My question is, is that because for pkcs12, the individual key entries
are not password-protected and therefore, the password returned by my
handler is actually ignored?  If so, is there a way for me to do away
with a callback handler?  This is actually for our customers who would
choose WSS4J for their toolkit.  We would like to minimize the steps
that they need to take in order to talk to our web service.  But if they
absolutely have to write the handler no matter what, I guess that's
fine.

Thanks,
Ever