Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2008/05/05 01:54:50 UTC

Tentative Agenda: Documentation and Examples Planning: Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST

Tentative Agenda
Documentation and Examples Planning
Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST

Call-in info:  This meeting will be held on Google Partychat. on the
#qpiddocumentation channel. To enter the chat using GoogleTalk, send the
following IM to partychat@gmail.com: "/enter #qpiddocumentation".

1. Choose a moderator for the meeting
2. List proposed agenda items
3. Prioritize agenda items for the first meeting.
4. Initial work on agenda items from #3
5. Choice of next meeting time

Here are some agenda items that I expect to come up in #2. We may not
cover them all in one meeting.

- List of documentation in progress
- Physical formats: DocBook, Forrester, Wiki, source documentation,
READMEs, language-specific API docs. Which formats do we want to use in
the near to medium range?
- Example programs: What examples are missing? Does the current examples
framework work well?
- Donating Red Hat tutorial to Qpid: status, formats
- Bugzilla for documentation - how should this be set up?
- Who wants to do what?
- Partychat vs. telephone vs. other media - is partychat a good medium?
Is there anything overwhelmingly better?

I'm sure I'm missing many things we can fruitfully discuss .... and that
there's more in just the above list for one meeting. Which is why #3
will be essential ;->

Jonathan

Documentation and Examples Planning: Monday, 12 May, 9:00 EST

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Call-in info:  This meeting will be held on Google Partychat. on the
#qpiddocumentation channel. To enter the chat using GoogleTalk, send the
following IM to partychat@gmail.com: "/enter #qpiddocumentation".

Agenda:

1. Action Item Review

A-001-1. Martin & Senaka to rough out a plan for java broker docs
A-001-2. Jonathan to push on donating Red Hat tutorials
A-001-3. Danushka & Jonathan & Danushka to review existing tutorial
documentation
A-001-4. Aidan & Rajith & Danushka to scope out Forrest conversion and
do a prototype of a few pages
A-001-5. Senaka & Jonathan & Suran to write Readme for doc generation

2. Status Report

2.1 Java Broker Docs: Martin & Senaka
2.2 Tutorial: Jonathan & Danushka & Suran
2.3 Forrest Conversion: Aidan & Rajith & Danushka
2.4 Readmes: Senaka & Jonathan & Suran

3. New Business

3.1 Martin Ritchie - areas of weakness

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/200805.mbox/%3c99e30fe50805050812x127263ceteba2c62743ecc914@mail.gmail.com%3e

Re: Minutes: Documentation and Examples Planning: Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 05/05/2008, Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Here are the minutes from today's meeting. I've added a few people to
> existing assignments based on post-meeting volunteering.
>
>  Areas of responsibility:
>
>  Java Broker Docs: Martin & Senaka
>  Tutorial: Jonathan & Danushka & Suran
>  Forrest Conversion: Aidan & Rajith & Danushka
>  Readmes: Senaka & Jonathan & Suran
>
>  Action items:
>
>  1. Martin & Senaka to rough out a plan for java broker docs
>  2. Jonathan to push on donating Red Hat tutorials
>  3. Danushka & Jonathan & Danushka to review existing tutorial documentation
>  4. Aidan & Rajith & Danushka to scope out Forrest conversion and do a
> prototype of a few pages
>  5. Senaka & Jonathan & Suran to write Readme for doc generation
>
>  Concern with Partychat:
>
>  Several people can't get partychat to work reliably, likely due to client
> errors. Martin suggests we straighten this out during the week, and all try
> to get our clients working more reliably.
>
>  Next meeting:
>
>  9:00 EST
>  Google Party Chat, channel #qpiddocumentation
>
>  Jonathan Robie wrote:
>
> > Tentative Agenda
> > Documentation and Examples Planning
> > Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST
> >
> > Call-in info:  This meeting will be held on Google Partychat. on the
> #qpiddocumentation channel. To enter the chat using GoogleTalk, send the
> following IM to partychat@gmail.com: "/enter #qpiddocumentation".
> >
> > 1. Choose a moderator for the meeting
> > 2. List proposed agenda items
> > 3. Prioritize agenda items for the first meeting.
> > 4. Initial work on agenda items from #3
> > 5. Choice of next meeting time
> >
> > Here are some agenda items that I expect to come up in #2. We may not
> cover them all in one meeting.
> >
> > - List of documentation in progress
> > - Physical formats: DocBook, Forrester, Wiki, source documentation,
> READMEs, language-specific API docs. Which formats do we want to use in the
> near to medium range?
> > - Example programs: What examples are missing? Does the current examples
> framework work well?
> > - Donating Red Hat tutorial to Qpid: status, formats
> > - Bugzilla for documentation - how should this be set up?
> > - Who wants to do what?
> > - Partychat vs. telephone vs. other media - is partychat a good medium? Is
> there anything overwhelmingly better?
> >
> > I'm sure I'm missing many things we can fruitfully discuss .... and that
> there's more in just the above list for one meeting. Which is why #3 will be
> essential ;->
> >
> > Jonathan

Thanks for organising this Jonathan.

For future sessions I think these are areas where we are a little weak
just now, in no particular order.

. Configuration Documentation (SSL, broker config, client system properties)
. User Guides (Message Store, Management Console)
. Interoperability Documentation (Qpid | RabbitMQ | OpenMQ)
. Functional Documentation. (ACLs, Plug-ins, Authentication)
. JIRA Process Guide

Cheers

Martin
--
Martin Ritchie

Minutes: Documentation and Examples Planning: Monday, 5 May, 9:00 EST

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.