Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by Lee Rhodes <le...@gmail.com> on 2023/09/01 00:16:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-java 4.2.0-RC1

### Introduction of new Generic KllItemsSketch, Now, the nearly optimal and
    high performing KLL quantile sketching algorithm can be used with
arbitrary types.

### We have a new capability for testing our sketches across languages.
    For example, generating sketches in C++ and testing them in Java, and
visa-versa.
    This will substantially improve user confidence that systems where
sketches need
    to move across C++, Python and Java will work as intended.
    (Python sketches are wrappers around the C++ implementations)

Hello Apache DataSketches PMC and Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-java candidate
version:  4.2.0-RC1

    NOTE 1: This is the core Java component of the DataSketches library
that includes all the sketch algorithms in production-ready packages. These
sketches can be called directly from this component or used in conjunction
with the adaptor components such as Hadoop Pig, Hadoop Hive, or the
aggregator adaptors built into Apache Druid.

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java

    GitHub repo on the Branch and Tag for this release:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/tree/4.2.0-RC1 on branch
4.2.X

    Git HashId for this release starts with: e0b60b8

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/java/4.2.0-RC1/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: Maven Central [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar
Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-java/4.2.0/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    - https://github.com/apache/datasketches-java/blob/4.2.0-RC1/README.md

6. The vote will be performed as follows:
   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least 72
hours (excluding weekends and holidays), AND until at least 3 (+1) PMC
votes or a majority of (+1) PMC votes are acquired. Anyone in the community
can vote.
   - Because I will be OOO for the next 3 weeks, one of our other team
members will finish the release process after a successful vote.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [E] [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-java 4.2.0-RC1

Posted by Alexander Saydakov <sa...@yahooinc.com.INVALID>.
Since Lee Rhodes is away I am going to finish the release process. Please
consider this vote closed. Thank you.

Posted by Jon Malkin <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Charlie Dickens <ch...@yahooinc.com.INVALID>.