Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 09:19:43 UTC

Fwd: servicemix-private Digest of: thread.203

Forwarding the thread to dev for records.

servicemix-private Digest of: thread.203

ServiceMix Graduation ?
        203 by: Guillaume Nodet
        204 by: Hiram Chirino
        205 by: Rob Davies
        208 by: Thomas Termin
        210 by: Bruce Snyder
        212 by: Guillaume Nodet
        214 by: Bruce Snyder
        215 by: Rob Davies
        216 by: Thomas Termin
        217 by: Hiram Chirino
        221 by: David Jencks
        223 by: Philip Dodds
        225 by: Gert Vanthienen
        226 by: Gert Vanthienen
        229 by: Jeff Genender
        236 by: Matt Hogstrom
        238 by: Adrian Co
        240 by: Jonas Lim
        242 by: Alan Cabrera
        247 by: Jacek Laskowski

Administrivia:

--- Administrative commands for the servicemix-private list ---

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>
   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>
   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

so you'll actually get 100-499.

send a short message to:
   <se...@incubator.apache.org>

for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
<se...@incubator.apache.org>

<se...@incubator.apache.org>

servicemix-private-owner@incubator.apache.org. Please be patient, my owner
is a
lot slower than I am ;-)

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:18:12 +0200
From: "Guillaume Nodet" <gn...@gmail.com>
To: servicemix-private-thread.203@incubator.apache.org

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

From: "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
To: servicemix-private@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:55:55 -0400
Subject: Re: ServiceMix Graduation ?
+1 I think the servicemix graduation is long overdue.  I's mailing
lists are one of the most active among of Java projects ( per
http://www.nabble.com/Java-Software-f787.html ) which shows that there
is very healthy community here.

On 7/4/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>
> A nice graduation guide is available at
>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>   * check status file
>   * define the project scope
>   * define the PMC list and chair
>
> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> speak up now :-)
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

On Jul 4, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>
> A nice graduation guide is available at
>  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>  * check status file
>  * define the project scope
>  * define the PMC list and chair
>
> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> speak up now :-)
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

+1 for graduation. I also think it is time. Everybody can see how active
the community (or better the project) is.

Cheers,
Thomas Termin

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>
> A nice graduation guide is available at
>  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>  * check status file
>  * define the project scope
>  * define the PMC list and chair
>
> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> speak up now :-)

> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>
> A nice graduation guide is available at
>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>   * check status file
>   * define the project scope
>   * define the PMC list and chair
>
> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> speak up now :-)

+1 This is long overdue.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

I'd like to volunteer as a possible PMC chair.

From: Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>
To: servicemix-private@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:31:58 +0100
+1 Guillaume as PMC chair for ServiceMix

From: "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
To: servicemix-private@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:46:15 -0400
+1 For Guillaume to be PMC chair.

On Jul 4, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> I'd like to volunteer as a possible PMC chair.
>
> On 7/4/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
>> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
>> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>>
>> A nice graduation guide is available at
>>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>>
>> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>>   * check status file
>>   * define the project scope
>>   * define the PMC list and chair
>>
>> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
>> speak up now :-)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Principal Engineer, IONA
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

+1 and also for Guillaume to be PMC chair

On 7/4/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> +1
> david jencks
>
> On Jul 4, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
> > I'd like to volunteer as a possible PMC chair.
> >
> > On 7/4/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> >> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> >> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
> >>
> >> A nice graduation guide is available at
> >>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
> >>
> >> The following tasks needs to be performed:
> >>   * check status file
> >>   * define the project scope
> >>   * define the PMC list and chair
> >>
> >> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> >> speak up now :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers,
> >> Guillaume Nodet
> >> ------------------------
> >> Principal Engineer, IONA
> >> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet
> > ------------------------
> > Principal Engineer, IONA
> > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>
> A nice graduation guide is available at
>  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>  * check status file
>  * define the project scope
>  * define the PMC list and chair
>
> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
> speak up now :-)

And +1 on Guillaume becoming the PMC Chair

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I'd like to volunteer as a possible PMC chair.
>
> On 7/4/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it's time to seriously consider graduation now.
>> This discussion is not new and the previous threads
>> lead to ServiceMix graduating as a Top Level Project (TLP).
>>
>> A nice graduation guide is available at
>>   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>>
>> The following tasks needs to be performed:
>>   * check status file
>>   * define the project scope
>>   * define the PMC list and chair
>>
>> If anyone has any concerns with ServiceMix graduation, please
>> speak up now :-)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Principal Engineer, IONA
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Based on the fact my iPhone is probably still in moderation, this may be
a duplicate...

+1...very strongly to have Guillaume as the chair.

Jeff

Philip Dodds wrote:
> +1 and also for Guillaume to be PMC chair

> On 7/4/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jul 4, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>> > I'd like to volunteer as a possible PMC chair.

>> > --
>> > Cheers,
>> > Guillaume Nodet
>> > Principal Engineer, IONA
>> > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

+1 on graduation and +1 on Guillaume as Chair.